Especially with COVID-19 keeping everyone at home away from their friends and family, I have found that I miss catching up with friends in person at a coffee shop. I still have some infrequent social distanced walks for catch ups with friends, but I think that sometimes it can be difficult if you don’t have the ability to do so.
I have really enjoyed reading other people sharing their lives through blog posts as a way to just feel connected, so I thought I would start one (not every week probably). But it might be nice to share and then open the comments for anyone who wants to share back! So if you’re interested in my random life, read on shiny soul, read on 🙂
Here’s what happened in my life this past week:
- I took action and took a break from my therapist this week. Not because I don’t NEED therapy (I absolutely do), and I really enjoy talking to her but I felt that the relationship was more of a friendly relationship and less of us deep diving into my mental health and past traumas – this is a big deal for me because I never want to hurt someone’s feelings but I need to stand up for myself (and therapy is expensive for just a friendship)
- I walked past two anti coronavirus lockdown/anti masker protests in an area of my city that is next to 4 major hospitals and remembered how terrible human beings are
- We realized that Christmas decorations bring much needed warm feelings into our home, so my fiancee took me out for date night to buy a second Christmas tree and a bunch of dollar store decorations to bring more joy to our home
- One of my cats decided that he was going to use the plant on our CARPET in the bedroom as a sandbox and dug soil onto our floor FOUR SEPARATE TIMES in one day
- Our city is in lockdown once again, which means small businesses are closed, restaurants have no indoor dining… but schools are still running, so even though my personal life hasn’t changed, I’m concerned for my mom who is still teaching 25 children in person every day
- I learned how to make biscuits and they were PRETTY DARN GOOD
- I got a new job as a community based occupational therapist working with adult and geriatric physical medicine clients! My training will start mid December and I hope to start working January 2021
- I facilitated a discussion group at a 2sLGBTQIA+ virtual event for healthcare students at McGill University, and speaking with the other speakers, facilitators and students re-inspired me to speak out and represent my community in my occupational therapy profession
- I’ve been editing and assisting some women with their admission essays for the Occupational therapy master’s program, and I am lit up once again about all the things that our profession can help with and what my role is
- In the midst of all my excitement, I also worked a TON and found myself multiple times too tired to do anything on my downtime other than watch Brad Mondo on Youtube and scroll through Tik Tok, even though I’ve been wanting to paint for my mom and my friend for weeks. My nail polish is also chipped and I haven’t had the energy to fix it…… this is your reminder that EVERYONE feels tired, sad, frustrated, lack of energy, even if they seem to be doing incredible things in life
How has your week been?
ALSO please take a second to watch this video, it’s my favourite video right now and made me cry this morning since I was feeling pretty low and pretty body conscious…. Such a sweet little girl ❤ so I needed to share with you:
One thought on “Coffee date catch up”